IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

Got a call from the new owner of my old BMW motorcycle

Come on in, introduce yourself and say hi! List Volvo events here. Have a hot Volvo? Show it off here.
matthew1
Site Admin
Year and Model: 850 T5, 1997
United States of America
matthew1

Got a call from the new owner of my old BMW motorcycle

Post by matthew1 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:10 pm

... and he goes on about how there's a title problem because the guy he bought it from didn't title it.

He bought it from the guy I sold it to. Or even perhaps there's 2+ owners between him and me.

"Skip title" or whatever it's called. So he has to pay tax on a few years of ownership before he's allowed to register it in his state, Nebraska.

He didn't do his homework, or even a tiny bit of thinking/inspecting, before he bought it.

He wanted me to sign/date the title (or something) as though I had just sold it to him. I told him to kick rocks, no way I'm committing fraud for him or anyone for something so small.

I asked him what the registration fees are -- what's the $ problem he's facing -- and he said he didn't know(!), only that it was 1-2 years of registration fees. I told him at most he's got a few hundred dollar problem, motorcycles are cheap to register, especially a 1996. Might even be under a hundred.

I told him just buy your way out of it, pay the tax It's not like it's a $2000 problem that warrants asking someone he doesn't know to do some fraud with the title.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Help keep MVS on the web -> click sponsors' links here on MVS when you buy from them.
Also -> Amazon link
. Click that when you go to buy something on Amazon and MVS gets a kickback.

1997 850 T5, MSD ignition coil, Hallman manual boost controller, injectors, R bumper, OMP strut brace [gone]
2004 V70 R [gone]

93Regina
Year and Model: 93:240/940
Has thanked: 0
93Regina

Re: Got a call from the new owner of my old BMW motorcycle

Post by 93Regina » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:53 pm

Some years ago, a pawn shop acquired a RS100....but son's name was same as father's name, and the father owned the bike. Pawn shop owner ended up in court...I have no idea what happened to father's son, who hawked his bike.