IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

Volvo xc90 interior light issues

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo XC90s. The XC90 proved to be very popular, and very good for Volvo's sales numbers, since its introduction in model year 2003 (North America).
RonneySingh
Year and Model: 1995 Volvo
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
RonneySingh

Volvo xc90 interior light issues

Post by RonneySingh » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:51 pm

The car doors was slightly cracked open and left like that overnight until this morning. When I came outside to the car and closed the door the lights did come on at that time. I drove it around a bit and started it a few times to make sure the battery wasn't completely dead. Now here's the strange thing. When I came back home, turned off the car and opened one of the rear car doors, none of the interior lights came on. I tried this for all the other doors and none of the lights came on. Then I tried to turn on the lights manually by pressing the buttons and they all worked.

oragex
Year and Model: S60 2003
Canada
oragex

Re: Volvo xc90 interior light issues

Post by oragex » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:16 pm

Maybe the problem was already there before this happened ? Leaving one door opened should cause no problems in my opinion, because all computers and lights should turn off after exactly 10 minutes even with a door open - basically at that point the car will go to sleep just like it does when everything is locked. Try closing all doors - lock them - see if hazard lights flash. Then lock unlock the drivers door with the remote 3 times. See if this helps

RonneySingh
Year and Model: 1995 Volvo
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
RonneySingh

Re: Volvo xc90 interior light issues

Post by RonneySingh » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:26 pm

Maybe the problem was already there before this happened ? Leaving one door opened should cause no problems in my opinion, because all computers and lights should turn off after exactly 10 minutes even with a door open - basically at that point the car will go to sleep just like it does when everything is locked. Try closing all doors - lock them - see if hazard lights flash. Then lock unlock the drivers door with the remote 3 times. See if this helps
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Thank you it helped me allot,...