IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

Brake lights,fuel gauge, trunk opening all gone same time

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on the Volvo S80 model. Sometimes called an "executive car", the S80 was and continues to be Volvo's top-of-the-line passenger car.
clamprecords
Year and Model: 2002 volvo s80
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
clamprecords

Brake lights,fuel gauge, trunk opening all gone same time

Post by clamprecords » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:00 pm

Hi and I apologize in advance. I am new to this and not sure how it works on this site.
I have a 2002 s80. One of my brake lights were burnt out and was going to change it. I planned it later in the week...but..I put a big box in the trunk to help a friend. I am not sure if that created all the following (by touching something in the trunk area fuse box vicinity):

-right after i put box in trunk my other brake light went out and the dashboard no longer displayed: "bulb failure" message
-my fuel gauge went "empty" but the tank is full
-the trunk latch now needs key to open.no longer opens by "pushing" with fingers

I changed bulbs.Nothing changed.Checked fuses all good. I wonder if it is the RELAY (and if it is which one?)
I assume if it is a relay this may be located in the trunk fuse box area. I wonder if anybody could help me. I love the old car. Please help. Thank you so much
Gabe

Katten
Year and Model: S80 2002
Has thanked: 0
Sweden
Katten

Re: Brake lights,fuel gauge, trunk opening all gone same time

Post by Katten » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:59 pm

Test if disconnecting the battery for 10mins helps :). The REM can fall asleep apperently. Mine has shown similar symptoms and making it out of power helped.