IPD sale Volvo Parts
XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics Volvo Wholesale Parts - genuine Volvo parts
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

2005 XC90 Major Pull To Right when braking

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo XC90s. The XC90 proved to be very popular, and very good for Volvo's sales numbers, since its introduction in model year 2003 (North America).
volvooh
Year and Model: '98 S70, '05&'08 V70
Has thanked: 0
United States of America
volvooh

2005 XC90 Major Pull To Right when braking

Post by volvooh » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:26 pm

2005 XC90 2.5T. 172,xxx. Pulls hard to the right when braking. Really hard. I serviced the front brakes and bled them with no change in performance. No real way to pull pressures, but I got a strong stream while bleeding. Tried to bleed the rear and the bleeder snapped off, so there is a pair of rear calipers in my future as well.

But back to the front brakes. I have read where control arms are typically the culprit, I look a hard look at mine and the bushings do not appear to be great shape, but I did not notice any flex or movement when yanking the wheel back and forth with the tire off the ground. Also, rides nice and firm as well. I feel like control arms are low hanging fruit here, but I hate to throw parts at a problem, especially expensive ones.

Any thoughts are appreciated!

Masscomguru
Year and Model: 2008 XC90
Has thanked: 0
Masscomguru

Re: 2005 XC90 Major Pull To Right when braking

Post by Masscomguru » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:55 pm

There are many cases where new control arms contributed to a pull. Unfortunately, you cant tell just by looking at them. The thing to do is get a camera under there and record while braking to see what the play looks like.