IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

strut and control arm removal

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on the third generation Volvo V70 wagon and XC70 crossover, and second generation S80. Are you an owner? Prospective owner? Get in here and join us! Start a new topic or comment on an existing thread.

2008-2016 V70
2008-2016 XC70
2007-2016 S80

twerner
Year and Model: 2007 s80 3.2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
twerner

strut and control arm removal

Post by twerner » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:34 am

Please help,, Any tips are greatly appreciated. I did the obligatory search for older topics, but led to no avail.. Am currently replacing strut assy and control arms on my 2007 s80 3.2 FWD. I was able to get the driver side done, but with the use of a floor jack and porta-power. That cant be the "normal correct" way. Problem is, cant lower spindle far enough with control arm on to get out strut. Is there a certain order to do this? Some sort of on-car spring compressor would certainly make it much more simple, but I am not able to find such a tool. I stopped after doing the driver side hoping to get some more info on this. Is there a "special" volvo tool for this?
Thanks for any help!!