IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

2004 XC70 D5 long start

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo's stylish, distinctive "P2" platform cars.

2001 - 2007 V70
2004 - 2007 V70 R
2001 - 2007 XC-70
2001 - 2009 S60
2003 - 2007 S60 R

kekec01
Year and Model: my2000 V70
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Croatia
kekec01

2004 XC70 D5 long start

Post by kekec01 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:46 am

Hi all!! First time in the morning when I went to start the car it cranks little bit longer without a start. It starts with second try normally as it should. When it starts there is no dark smoke from the exhaust or something like that, everything is normal. It goes and run perfectly normal for all day. It is just the problem with first morning start. Occasionally it starts normally like everything is ok. I was advised to clean the MAF sensor which I did and car got more power and starts normally every morning. Everything was ok for a month. Now it comes back. The problem is same with almoust empty tank which happens sometime but trying to avoid that and full tank. When cranking, the rpm needle doesn´t move at all until it starts, than jump to about 800 rpm and normalize at about 700 rpm. I connect it to Vida and there are some errors like You can see in the picture. It is not clear picture for some reason but You see what is going on. First I will try to change the fuell filter (canister type) cause it´s an easy job even I dont have too much space around it and got no special tool to remove it. If that doesn´t help, what should I do?? Thanks!
IMG_20191001_230330_resize_39.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DrDan
Year and Model: 02 V70
Germany
DrDan

Re: 2004 XC70 D5 long start

Post by DrDan » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:58 am

kekec01, the diesel cars are quite rare on this forum so this might not be the best place to get diesel-specific help.

The only code that could be relevant to running issues would be the boost pressure control one, but surely you are aware of that already.
Having cleaned the MAF does not rule it out as a problem also. You could try to compare airflow readings to reference values, they should be found in VIDA.

kekec01
Year and Model: my2000 V70
Been thanked: 0
Croatia
kekec01

Re: 2004 XC70 D5 long start

Post by kekec01 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:02 am

Thank you for your answer. Yes, I know that You guys drive petrol engine Volvos but it is worth to try. Yesterday I replaced the fuel filter and this morning starts normally. However, I think it is just random good start, not solution of the problem. Because I got another error which is ECM-3000 Camshaft position sensor faulty signal. I took vakum hose from the sensor that is in front of air box and try to blow in it and I heard that air is leaking from somewhere so today I bought 5 meters of vakum hose and will try to change them. I'm also in progres of making tool to check does the vakum leaking which is better option instead of blowing in it ;-) I will also check in Vida for what You say. I hope I will find where it is in Vida.