IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

Was my 30,000 maintenance done or not

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials for the groundbreaking new Volvo S60 2011+, V60 2015+ XC60 2010-2018.
URDRWHO
Year and Model: Volvo V60 2016
United States of America
URDRWHO

Was my 30,000 maintenance done or not

Post by URDRWHO » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:01 am

Yesterday I took my car in to the dealer for a State inspection. It passed but oddly somehow my brake pads are thicker than they were on the CPO Repair Audit form that I got when I bought the car. Magic I guess?

So it passed but the service guy came out and said I am due for an oil change because it has been a year since the oil change. Hm? I've only owned the car 6 months, then I remember that the dealer had given the car as a daily driver to the sales guy. He drove it for six months. Sitting out in the waiting area another women overheard the discussion and she said, "if it was a CPO car, should the oil have been changed when you bought it?". We chatted about it for a while.

Then the service manager comes out and says I am due for the 30,000 mile maintenance work. Hm? I told him that I thought the 30,000 mile was done under the CPO. I said no to the offer.

Went to pay for the inspection and the service manager says that he heard me talking and did the oil change for me...no charge. Ok fair enough. ;)

I get home and pull out my CPO Repair Audit form and sure enough, there in clear letters it says that the 30,000 maintenance was completed.

So now I'm sitting here wondering if it was completed? They put all that stuff into the computer and if the computer is saying I need it, so I sit here thinking what's up?

This is the same place that the link below refers to

Today I took my car in to the dealer for a State inspection. It passed but oddly somehow my brake pads are thicker than they were on the CPO Repair Audit form that I got when I bought the car. Magic I guess?

So it passed but the service guy came out and said I am due for an oil change because it has been a year since the oil change. Hm? I've only owned the car 6 months, then I remember that the dealer had given the car as a daily driver to the sales guy. He drove it for six months. Sitting out in the waiting area another women overheard the discussion and she said, "if it was a CPO car, should the oil have been changed when you bought it?". We chatted about it for a while.

Then the service manager comes out and says I am due for the 30,000 mile maintenance work. Hm? I told him that I thought the 30,000 mile was done under the CPO. I said no to the offer.

Went to pay for the inspections and the service manager says that he heard me talking and did the oil change for me...no charge.

I get home and pull out my CPO Repair Audit form and sure enough, there in clear letters it says that the 30,000 maintenance was completed.

So now I'm sitting here wondering if it was completed? They put all that stuff into the computer and if the computer is saying I need it, so I sit here thinking what's up?

This is the same place that the link below refers to -

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=76037&p=405530#p405530

So I am again wondering about this dealer? They did me wrong once before so they have a negative mark on their record with me. I am wondering if the 30,000 mile maintenance was done as it was supposed to be done on the CPO car? If I call and tell them that my form shows it was done at 30,000 miles, they have the chance to say...oh yes...I didn't see it on the computer. Even though it wasn't done they could save face. I thought that VIDA kept track of all this stuff but apparently such records reside within each dealer.

So I am again wondering about this dealer? They did me wrong once before so they have a track record now and I am just wondering if the 30,000 mile maintenance was done as it was supposed to be done on the CPO car?

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=76037&p=405530#p405530