IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

coolant issue

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo's stylish, distinctive "P2" platform cars.

2001 - 2007 V70
2004 - 2007 V70 R
2001 - 2007 XC-70
2001 - 2009 S60
2003 - 2007 S60 R

lessies
Year and Model: 2001 v70 T5
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
lessies

coolant issue

Post by lessies » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:16 am

Hello. I have a 2001 v70 t5 volvo. The issue started out as just a coolant leak from one of the hoses. I replaced that hose and there is no longer a leak. Every time I attempt to start my car it tells me that the coolant is too low and to shut off the engine. So I do. The water will still very slowly drain from the reservoir and into the hoses, but after that I am at a loss. There are no leaks from hoses or engine and no cracks on anything. The heater does not work as the previous owner bought a "knuckle" to keep the water flowing but avoiding the heater hose (if that makes sense.) When I turn my car on for that split second all the water/coolant that was just emptied out of the reservoir goes back up into the reservoir. I have no idea what i'm needing to look for or where to go from here. Before I fixed the hose with the leak my car would still run. But now that I have changed that hose it will not run. The oil was just changed. There is no smell or smoke coming out of the exhaust except what is expected. My engine does not knock nor does it smoke. The coolant is not discolored either. I have no clue where to start or where else to look, or even what to look for next. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!!