IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

Drive-E 2.0 Whistle

A forum for Volvo's new, fantastic XC90! XC90 T5, T6, T8... all the new XC90 trim levels for this Volvo built on Volvo's Scalable Product Architecture (SPA) that also is the platform for the S60, XC60, V60, V60 Cross Country, Polestar 1, S90, V90 and V90 Cross Country.
soundquest
Year and Model: v70 2005
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
soundquest

Drive-E 2.0 Whistle

Post by soundquest » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:18 am

I have the infamous whistle on my 2016 Drive-E... commonly seen on previous iterations of the XC90 and other Volvo platforms. A situation where the crankcase and oil trap components become sufficiently clogged with goo-crust and extended oil change barnacles. So my question is... has anyone run into this issue on this particular engine and done a write-up on the repair procedure? And... do you have a part # for the oil trap? Thanks.

soundquest
Year and Model: v70 2005
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
soundquest

Re: Drive-E 2.0 Whistle

Post by soundquest » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:37 am

Found part number: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018YNSXDU?ta ... merReviews

Also, wondering if this part can be cleaned and serviced (install a new diaphragm like previous models) or if outright replacement is the only way to go? Anything else advantageous to replace while doing this job?