IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

Change odometer reading from KPH to MPH

Help, Advice and DIY Tutorials on Volvo's extremely popular car line -- Volvo's 1990s "bread and butter" cars -- powered by the ubiquitous and durable Volvo inline 5-cylinder engine.

1992 - 1997 850, 850 R, 850 T5-R, 850 T5, 850 GLT
1997 - 2000 S70, S70 AWD
1997 - 2000 V70, V70 AWD
1997 - 2000 V70-XC
1997 - 2004 C70

Endangered
Year and Model: 1998 v70 GLT
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Philippines
Endangered

Re: Change odometer reading from KPH to MPH

Post by Endangered » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:11 am

Sorry It's taken so long to get back to all of you but I've been under the weather.
Changing the speedometer to MPH, decided to use my instrument cluster and go with a labels and change all the instruments to white. Big reason doin it is everything works, so why take a chance!!!

Odometer; since it is digital my thinking is there should be a way to reprogram it. Has to be some type of electronic instrument that will allow you to reprogram the digital display. What I am looking to do is an exact swap from kilometers to miles and document the the kilometer switch. Who knows but maybe an OBDII will do it, unlikely but cannot be ruled out until it has been researched and tried.

Thank you to everyone that responded.

Regards, Endangered

Endangered
Philippines
Endangered

Post by Endangered » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:12 am

Sorry It's taken so long to get back to all of you but I've been under the weather.
Changing the speedometer to MPH, decided to use my instrument cluster and go with a labels and change all the instruments to white. Big reason doin it is everything works, so why take a chance!!!

Odometer; since it is digital my thinking is there should be a way to reprogram it. Has to be some type of electronic instrument that will allow you to reprogram the digital display. What I am looking to do is an exact swap from kilometers to miles and document the the kilometer switch. Who knows but maybe an OBDII will do it, unlikely but cannot be ruled out until it has been researched and tried.

Regards, Endangered

Endangered
Philippines
Endangered

Post by Endangered » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:12 am

Regards, Endangered

wizechatmgr
Year and Model: 1999 V70 XC AWD 2.4T
United States of America
wizechatmgr

Post by wizechatmgr » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:44 pm

I wonder if he can M-BOND the car to get it in. I know getting stuff into Canada used to be far stricter than the US.

I had several trailer loads impounded for inspection on the Canadian side. Zero on US. Ah my old LTL and FTL days...

Wisdom requires knowledge as a prerequisite, but knowledge can be developed due to a lack of wisdom.
In order to learn how to fix something, you must first learn how to break it.
1999 V70 XC AWD - ~183k miles

RickHaleParker
Year and Model: See Signature below.
United States of America
RickHaleParker

Post by RickHaleParker » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:20 pm

I think one should look at the cost of shipping a car from the Philippines to the U.S. . Shipping exceeds what it would cost him to get a replacement car in the U.S.

Platform: P80 1998 C70, B5234T3, 16T, AW50-42, Bosch Motronic 4.4, Special Edition package, Plant: Uddevalla Sweden.

Platform: X40 (Nedcar) 2003 S40, B4204T3, 14T twin scroll AW55-50/51SN, Siemens EMS 2000. Plant: Born Netherlands.

Platform P2 2005 XC90 T6 Executive, B6294T, 4T65 AWD, Bosch Motronic 7.0,
Plant Torslanda Sweden.
----------------------------------------------------------------
1997 S90, B6304S, AW30-42, Bosch Motronic 4.4 - Sold