IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

2008 XC90 3.2 - Full exhaust pipe replacement

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo XC90s. The XC90 proved to be very popular, and very good for Volvo's sales numbers, since its introduction in model year 2003 (North America).
simon templar
Year and Model: XC90, 2008
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
simon templar

2008 XC90 3.2 - Full exhaust pipe replacement

Post by simon templar » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:58 am

Hi all,

I need to have a total exhaust replacement done on my car (catalytic inverters mufflers, oxygen sensors, gaskets / nuts / bolts hangers / etc..) would anyone have any recommendation on NON Volvo parts ? I went on some website and saw that for example Volvo catalytic inverter is $1,900 while some other brand like WALKER have them for $400... Anyone tried after market part with success? Thank you all!

SuperHerman
Year and Model: 2004 & 2016 XC90
Has thanked: 0
United States of America
SuperHerman

Re: 2008 XC90 3.2 - Full exhaust pipe replacement

Post by SuperHerman » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:24 pm

Check Craigslist for a wrecked vehicle matching your needs - then buy the entire assembly. (pull up a parts diagram for your year, note the part numbers, and cross reference for all years that use the same part) Many times the exhaust goes to the wrecker.

You can do the same with local wreckers, but Craiglist in many areas have people scrapping their car. You don't list where you are located, but expand your search to other nearby cities. Lower the miles the better.

I have used Walker before on an XC70 - fit and worked fine. Touch and feel it was no where near OEM quality, but I had no lights so it worked.