IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

Fall MVS Moderator Donation Drive -- on now!

Come on in, introduce yourself and say hi! List Volvo events here. Have a hot Volvo? Show it off here.
matthew1
Site Admin
Year and Model: 850 T5, 1997
United States of America
matthew1

Fall MVS Moderator Donation Drive -- on now!

Post by matthew1 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:02 pm

I do these twice a year for (to? :lol: ) the MVS Moderators... it's your chance to put a new wrench in their hand, or a beer. :lol:

Help keep MVS on the web -> click sponsors' links here on MVS when you buy from them.
Also -> Amazon link
. Click that when you go to buy something on Amazon and MVS gets a kickback.

1997 850 T5, MSD ignition coil, Hallman manual boost controller, injectors, R bumper, OMP strut brace [gone]
2004 V70 R [gone]

matthew1
Site Admin
United States of America
matthew1

Re: Fall MVS Moderator Donation Drive starts in 5 hours

Post by matthew1 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:15 pm

What Is This?

This is MVS's semi-annual event where I collect donations for our 5 mods. They work for the love of helping people -- it's all volunteer work -- so this is your chance to say thank you to them.

The moderators are regular people with regular jobs, and trust me when I say if you donate, they genuinely appreciate it. They're not chest-thumpers vying for attention or the spotlight.

abscate
jblackburn
Ozark Lee
Roger_850T
songzunhuang

Perhaps you recognize these names... maybe they've helped you.

By donating YOU ensure our moderators know their time and work here is valued.

They do two things: they help with Volvo problems, and they do clerical tasks like banning spammers.

I don't pay them -- they do this for the love of helping Volvo owners like you. They didn't even ask me to collect donations, I do this twice a year without asking them because they'd never bring it up first. They're so modest, in fact, I don't hear anything from them about donations, zero, except when they say thanks.

Details
  • All donors get an MVS Contributor badge (avatar).
  • Every donation helps. From five to five hundred. If all you can afford is $5, that's fine.
  • You can remain anonymous if you like. Otherwise, I'll post your first and last initial or your forum username.
  • The collection is summed, and split evenly between the moderators when it's done. Usually one or two mods defer, so the net for the rest is larger.

Help keep MVS on the web -> click sponsors' links here on MVS when you buy from them.
Also -> Amazon link

1997 850 T5, MSD ignition coil, Hallman manual boost controller, injectors, R bumper, OMP strut brace [gone]
2004 V70 R [gone]

matthew1
Site Admin
United States of America
matthew1

Re: Fall MVS Moderator Donation Drive -- on now!

Post by matthew1 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:42 am

O.H. $25 Whooo!
H.M. $10 YEA!

Also -> Amazon link

2004 V70 R [gone]

matthew1
Site Admin
United States of America
matthew1

Post by matthew1 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:19 pm

MVS users, I'm postponing this drive til Spring. The interest is low... there's donation fatigue. I'll set it up nicely in the Spring, with long notice times.

Also -> Amazon link

2004 V70 R [gone]

glassicon
Year and Model: 1994 940 TurboWgn
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
glassicon

Post by glassicon » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:36 pm

Am trying to send you $10 but PayPal is not picking up my good intentions. Any suggestions?
Thanks, and thanks for a great site. Never mind, just saw that you called it off. Please notify me
of date in the Spring as I certainly kick in some cash. WN (glassicon)