IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

Swapped motors in a 2011 S60 T5 now Tranny wont engage

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials for the groundbreaking new Volvo S60 2011+, V60 2015+ XC60 2010-2018.
fireman0977
Year and Model: 2011 S60
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
fireman0977

Swapped motors in a 2011 S60 T5 now Tranny wont engage

Post by fireman0977 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:44 pm

So swapped a motor and tranny from a 2012 S60 T5 into my 2011 S60 T5. Reason i did it is because my 2011 has 235k miles on it, The tranny is sticking and the motor starting leaking oil badly at the timing belt and making noises. I had this other motor and tranny that only had 4500miles on it. So figured why not should go easy.
Everything went smooth. Used the ECM and TCM from the 2012 along with wiring harnesses.

Everything comes on inside but showing i need to place it in park. My shift interlock is not working. It won't turn over because i believe without the tcm controller talking to the car it won't allow the relay to the starter to go.

I manually shifted the tranny to park but still nothing. The TCM doesn't seem like it is talking to the car. Anyone have any suggestions?

I have already touched the battery cables together, let it sit for a day. Done everything i can think of. I don't have a VIDA tool. So i think that is where I will have to try next. Hoping i can find a local guy here in Ft Collins, CO that has one that can read this and maybe reset everything.