IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

Intermittent one-touch window and door mirror problem

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials for the groundbreaking new Volvo S60 2011+, V60 2015+ XC60 2010-2018.
PierreC
Year and Model:
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
PierreC

Intermittent one-touch window and door mirror problem

Post by PierreC » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:28 pm

My 2010 T6 developed 2 different but I believe related electrical problems over the past week:

The one-touch function on the front windows now only works intermittently. The rear windows are not affected, and if this issue occurs, it affects the window switches in both driver and passenger door - which rules out a malfunction in the driver door switch. It is also not the notorious "open automatically after closing" issue and the "reset" procedure for that issue does not resolve the current issue.
--
The second intermittent problem is that the mirrors don't fold when locking the car - but only when I press the button on the door handle (I've got keyless drive) - when I lock it with the remote control it never has the mirror folding issue.

So it seems that these apparently unrelated issues may be related - both are intermittent and there does not appear to be component failure in either case.

Any idea where I can start looking?

Pierre

2016 V40 D4 AT
2010 XC60 T6 AT
2002 V70XC 2.4T AT - Elevate Stage 1 [Gone]
2007 S60 2.5T MT [Gone]
2002 S60 2.0T MT [Gone]
1996 850 GLT MT [Gone]