IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

Xc90 seat compatibility

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo XC90s. The XC90 proved to be very popular, and very good for Volvo's sales numbers, since its introduction in model year 2003 (North America).
Danilosilni
Year and Model: 2005 XC90 2.5T
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Danilosilni

Xc90 seat compatibility

Post by Danilosilni » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:31 pm

Hi guys, looking for some help if someone could shed some light.

I drive a base 2005 xc90 2.5T, with the cloth/leather combo. Drivers side is power, passenger is manual.

I found a set of leather seats off an 08 xc90 and was wondering if it is compatible, plug and play? I know I probably cant make my passenger seat power but wanted to make sure I can just bolt it on and have the drivers seat swap work. The second row I would imagine is compatible.

Thanks all!

oragex
Year and Model: S60 2003
Canada
oragex

Re: Xc90 seat compatibility

Post by oragex » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:11 am

Mechanically speaking, in theory the XC90 platform remained relatively unchanged from '03 to '14, but double check the way the seat rails look with their attachment points, see if they are like in your car. On the S60 platform, some people swapped the passenger manual seat with electric ones and the seat was working. My worries would rather be on the SRS modules fixed under the seat (along with some other sensors perhaps). Not sure about the compatibility as this could also be related to some computer software version which evolved through the years. I would look into a complete module connector swapping which is not going to be fun (Volvo is obsessed with security so these would be quite hard to remove from the seat frame). May want to practice at a car at the junkyard to undo the connectors - these can be quite tricky the way they are being disconnected

Not lastly, these seats weight a ton, two persons needed and the seat might need folded and headrest removed (see Youtube) to pull them out of the car. Really careful moving them around, those rails love grabbing and stabbing the various cables/amp under the seat

eapowers64
Year and Model: 2004 xc90
United States of America
eapowers64

Post by eapowers64 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:09 am

I am pretty sure that they are not compatible - the mounting points are different. I have an 04 and was in a pull-a-part junkyard looking for a seat bottom that was better than my tattered one. I think that the vehicle I was scavenging on that day was an 08 and the brackets on the bottom of the seat through which the bolts go were different from the ones on the 04.
These users thanked the author eapowers64 for the post:
oragex

Danilosilni
Year and Model: 2005 XC90 2.5T
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Danilosilni

Post by Danilosilni » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:40 pm

Thanks for all replies. I have decided not to risk it since the seller is not responsive to photos of the mounting and connectors underneath.