IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics

Get email notification of topic replies. Log in or register (free). Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

TPS question

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on the Volvo S80 model. Sometimes called an "executive car", the S80 was and continues to be Volvo's top-of-the-line passenger car.
Arnexas
Year and Model: 2001

TPS question

Post by Arnexas »

So I have upgraded my TPS with Sacer, as car was pulsating on idle. Forgot to match the voltages during the new TPS install. Can't do ETM sweep test as the "software unrecognized" - software on my TPS is probably too old. Checked both potentiometers - difference is 0.2° between both of them. Car drove way better (still pulsated a bit) for a month, then it started pulsating again, but a lot more than before. My question is, could the pulsating be the result of the not matched voltage during the install?

Also, I have to fill the gas tank very slowly otherwise the pump just shuts off and some petrol spills out. Car is Volvo s80 2001, 125kw.
Arnexas
Year and Model: 2001

Re: TPS question

Post by Arnexas »

Forgot to add, the short fuel trim is constantly flactuating on idle (sometimes 10% positive, sometimes 5% negative), but is 0% on high rpms. The front oxygen sensor reads about ~1, but the rear is constantly jumping between 0.1 - 0.8 on idle.