IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics Free shipping all USA - Experts in Brakes
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

XC90 Possible To Replace Brake Booster Seal?

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo XC90s. The XC90 proved to be very popular, and very good for Volvo's sales numbers, since its introduction in model year 2003 (North America).
wanderdüne
Year and Model: 2004, 2006 XC90 2.5T
United States of America
wanderdüne

XC90 Possible To Replace Brake Booster Seal?

Post by wanderdüne » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:56 am

I have an ATE Booster on order right now for my 2006 2.5T. It has that gushing air sound when the pedal is depressed and runs the vacuum pump a lot (switch is fine). Anyway, my 2004 2.5T also has this and the 2003 before also had this. Seems this is a common problem. Looking for a DIY on the booster replacement, I came across this video on seal replacement:
He recommends this URO replacement seal kit (I know, I know, URO): 0014300708S
https://www.autohausaz.com/pn/0014300708S

Here is URO's video:
Little funny in the comments that URO doesn't have Volvo fitment; but in fairness; they developed this seal for the Mercedes market.

There is no verified fitment for the XC90 on this, but it seems to fit all the other P2 Volvos. Noting that the firewall gasket is the same for every other P2 car and the XC90; I'm thinking it's all the same Booster, just with different rod length etc.

I'm thinking I might try this, perhaps on the 2004 later, maybe on the 2006 in the next week or so if I get worked up enough about having to buy a new booster for such a meaningless reason like a weak seal.

Anybody done this? Any thoughts?

Thanks

* I have the VIDA procedure, but if anyone knows of a good real world DIY for changing out the brake booster or any comments about potential pitfalls or techniques to do the job easier; please feel free to post them here.