IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics Free shipping all USA - Experts in Brakes
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

Noob....Vida Dice Q

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo's stylish, distinctive "P2" platform cars.

2001 - 2007 V70
2004 - 2007 V70 R
2001 - 2007 XC-70
2001 - 2009 S60
2003 - 2007 S60 R

dewolf
Year and Model: 05 XC70, 08 C30 T5 R
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Australia
dewolf

Noob....Vida Dice Q

Post by dewolf » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:28 am

Hi Guys,

New to Volvo's, and smitten and bitten already. Bought a lovely 05 XC70 that has been extremely well looked after. Looking at buying a C30 T5R now. Not new to turbo cars, or cars in general. Have a fair bit of experience over the last 30 years with Porches and BMW's.
Now my question is....can I use Vida Dice to reset adaptions on the trans? Take it easy on me, I'm an old fart now, and all this fandangled computer stuff takes a bit of getting used to.

Cheers
Scott

vonbaron
Year and Model: 2005 XC70
Australia
vonbaron

Re: Noob....Vida Dice Q

Post by vonbaron » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:03 am

Hi Scott,
As far as I recall, yes, you can.
I have a small dedicated Dell laptop to run the VIDA software for my 2005 XC70 and have had transmission problems a little while ago (as I touch wood) and so have done a bit of tinkering in that department with the VIDA-Dice setup.
Yes, they sure are a lovely vehicle to drive, even considering the age.

What's the issue with the transmission ?
Have you got the VIDA-Dice all set up and are able to connect to the car to look at the diagnostics and any codes ?

You're only an old fart if you are horizontal looking up (at the underside of grass) I think :)

Paul (from Tasmania)

dewolf
Year and Model: 05 XC70, 08 C30 T5 R
Australia
dewolf

Re: Noob....Vida Dice Q

Post by dewolf » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:15 am

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the info. I've just done all the engine mounts, oil & filter, new radiator and hoses and changed the fluid in the trans. This weekend is the PCV stuff. I guess, after some light reading, I just need to do a trans fluid counter reset. I have Vida Dice on the way. Have a friend in IT who is very good at writing code etc, so should be a walk in the park for him to get it working.
Indeed, they are great to drive. If I get the C30 I'll probably pull the motor and do a bit of fiddling inside. Might also consider an AWD swap as well. If I could get 400Hp with AWD, and get the weight to around 1200kg's dry, I'd be pleased with that. My adult son and I want to get into tarmac rally, and I reckon the C30 with AWD would be quite a competitive platform. At the very least, it'd be a blast to drive!

Regards
Scott