IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics Free shipping all USA - Experts in Brakes
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

Modifying a 2006 XC90

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo XC90s. The XC90 proved to be very popular, and very good for Volvo's sales numbers, since its introduction in model year 2003 (North America).
sordidlove
Year and Model: 2006 XC90
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
sordidlove

Modifying a 2006 XC90

Post by sordidlove » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:35 am

Looking for some guidance on lifting and changing out the front bumper on my 2006 XC90 4.4

I stopped by the local lift shop here and after 20 minutes of researching they weren’t able to find a product to lift my Volvo and suggested I reach out to the Volvo community.

I’m looking to take it up about 4 inches and then add some offset rims to balance out the height with a slightly wider stance. Along with a change in front bumper to put a winch and bull bar. I’m aware that diminishes some of the front safety features but the utility of it outweighs that for me. I do overlanding and I’m not trying to climb massive rocks or drive through 3ft of water but I do need that utility for what I do and the places I go.

A couple other features that I can tackle myself would be a new squared off metal roof rack, adding lights, and the 5th wheel above the hitch.

Thanks for any help/resources and thanks for your time.