IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics Free shipping all USA - Experts in Brakes
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

Air induction kits...

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on S40 and V40. In this forum you'll find S40/V40-specific owners asking and answering questions on maintenance, ownership, repairs, tutorials and almost every do-it-yourself thing you can do to save money owning these Volvos.

1996 - 2004 S40
1996 - 2004 V40

Leveg
Year and Model: V40 1.9D 2004
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Great Britain
Leveg

Air induction kits...

Post by Leveg » Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:46 am

Someone has offered me a Air induction Kit for my Volvo (Free too woo hoo!) however on mine it would bolt directly onto my MAF and I believe the MAF needs at least about 3-4 inches of distance between itself and the cone so there is my slight problem as it would bolt directly onto it. Has anyone got any ideas that could work or suggestions?

I'm thinking of buying a ribbed cold air hose and connecting it to the MAF then the cone? would that possibly work?

matthew1
Site Admin
Year and Model: 850 T5, 1997
United States of America
matthew1

Re: Air induction kits...

Post by matthew1 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:36 am

Leveg wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:46 am
Someone has offered me a Air induction Kit for my Volvo (Free too woo hoo!) however on mine it would bolt directly onto my MAF and I believe the MAF needs at least about 3-4 inches of distance between itself and the cone so there is my slight problem as it would bolt directly onto it. Has anyone got any ideas that could work or suggestions?

I'm thinking of buying a ribbed cold air hose and connecting it to the MAF then the cone? would that possibly work?
I can't comment on the distance to MAF on the 40 models, but I can say putting a hose on between MAF and cone is fine. Once air needs to be pulled through an aperture that is a little bit long, making this a bit longer still is not going to affect it.

Don't get ribbed, get smooth. Let the air flow with as few churn-causing obstructions as you can.
Help keep MVS on the web -> click sponsors' links here on MVS when you buy from them.
Also -> Amazon link
. Click that when you go to buy something on Amazon and MVS gets a kickback.

1997 850 T5, MSD ignition coil, Hallman manual boost controller, injectors, R bumper, OMP strut brace [gone]
2004 V70 R [gone]