IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics Free shipping all USA - Experts in Brakes
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

Used ECM....

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo XC90s. The XC90 proved to be very popular, and very good for Volvo's sales numbers, since its introduction in model year 2003 (North America).
ikeever
Year and Model: 2011
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
ikeever

Used ECM....

Post by ikeever » Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:29 pm

XeMODex said my 2011 xc90 ECM is bad. They tested CEM and ECM.

The car starts runs and drives fine. However, about a year ago an ignition coil pack melted and blew the ECM fuse. I Replaced the coil and fuse and the car runs fine. The only issue is DICE will not connect to the car or any other OBD tool for that matter. I know my ECM is VIN locked to my vin. I have two questions:

1. Are the pins/codes released for me to reprogram a used ECM with my DIVE/VIDA? Can anyone give me tips? I don't have any dealer subscriptions or juice.

2. Will a dealer re-program/unlock a used ECM for me or make me buy a new one? Used ones on ebay are very cheap...but are they of any use?

Thanks.

yagger
Year and Model: S60 2005 2,5T
Belarus
yagger

Re: Used ECM....

Post by yagger » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:29 am

ikeever wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:29 pm
1. Are the pins/codes released for me to reprogram a used ECM with my DIVE/VIDA? Can anyone give me tips? I don't have any dealer subscriptions or juice.
Without subscription you cannot program something use your VIDA.
ikeever wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:29 pm
2. Will a dealer re-program/unlock a used ECM for me or make me buy a new one? Used ones on ebay are very cheap...but are they of any use?
Most likely dealer ask to buy new ECM.

You can follow to link (Pass: total) and learn service there. It can be better way for you.
Volvo electronics and programming.Yagger&Doublebug - our experience invaluable.
Aftermarket Online Data Transferring Service for Volvo Pass: total