IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

Replaced spark plugs

Keep track of your Volvo's maintenance here. Keep track of what you did, when, and how much it cost.
Forum rules
Please create one topic per Volvo you own. Then simply post to that topic when you maintain or repair your Volvo. You'll have a nice record of what you did, when, and how much it cost. Only you can post in your topic.
NicJ
Year and Model: 2001 v70 5t
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
NicJ

Replaced spark plugs

Post by NicJ » Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:58 pm

Whem I purchased the vehicle it was throwing a misfire code on cylinder 1. I decided the first step way to put in some new spark plugs. When I pulled the plastic cover off the top of the motor I noticed like most have stated that all the wire loom was shot and pieces of it all over the place. So I started pulling the plugs off the coils to find that 5 out of the 15 wires had been rubbed through to bare copper! And one of those had a nasty terrible splice that contained only electrical tape to fix🙄... so I fixed all the wires with good butt splices and replaces the loom with what I had at the time. ( I have since order more and will replace the rest of it.) the misfire code went away(had it checked) and the car runs 100 times better now! Imagine that, the car runs better when it is firing on all cylinders!!