IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

Start Stop Service

A forum for Volvo's new, fantastic XC90! XC90 T5, T6, T8... all the new XC90 trim levels for this Volvo built on Volvo's Scalable Product Architecture (SPA) that also is the platform for the S60, XC60, V60, V60 Cross Country, Polestar 1, S90, V90 and V90 Cross Country.
DANROMANIA
Year and Model: XC60 2014
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
DANROMANIA

Start Stop Service

Post by DANROMANIA » Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:37 am

Hello,

I have received Start Stop service notification ....Volvo Inscription T6-2018

The dealer erased the Strat stop notification and recommend time to time to charge the battery.

After a week the notification appeared again, i have charged the battery but nothing happen....and one of my friend recommend to buy a Carsoft V2 device to erase myself the errors codes.

Can anyone help me with the steps to erase the Start Stop Service notification by CARSOF V2.
Thanks

jimmy57
Year and Model: 2004 V70R GT, et al
jimmy57

Re: Start Stop Service

Post by jimmy57 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:38 am

There is a rectangular box in front of driver down in engine compartment. It has a flip up cover with "+" on it and top is held by two 8 mm bolts. Charge that battery. 2-3 amp rate is all it needs. It is a standard size battery used in motorcycles and ATVs. The system only charges it for a time and then disconnects until next stop/start cycle where it is used to run accessories for the instant the starter motor cranks engine for the re-start. If that battery ever gets low, usually from vehicle not being used for 4 or more weeks, the short charge cycles may not get it back to the charge level that it needs to pass the charge level test.

DANROMANIA
Year and Model: XC60 2014
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
DANROMANIA

Re: Start Stop Service

Post by DANROMANIA » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:10 am

Hi Jimmy57,

I have charged the battery with CTEK MXS 5.0 but the notification still appeared.

To save time, i bought an iCarsoft V2 i thought that is easy to be used but i could not found and i do know how to erase the Start Stop service notification.
The car is under warranty to get an appointment need from 5 to 10 days.
Thanks