IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics Free shipping all USA - Experts in Brakes
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

2012 c70 transmission doesn't go into reverse or drive

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials devoted to the second generation C70, S40 and V50 Volvos -- awkwardly model year 2004 ½ onwards -- plus where to go for advice and discussion on Volvo's sporty C30 Coupe powered by Volvo's ubiquitous inline 5-cylinder power plant.
bayouranch
Year and Model: 2012 c70
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
bayouranch

2012 c70 transmission doesn't go into reverse or drive

Post by bayouranch » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:41 pm

Having a problem with transmission not engaging in reverse or drive any help would be appreciated

pgbigtime
Year and Model: 2011 C70
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
pgbigtime

Re: 2012 c70 transmission doesn't go into reverse or drive

Post by pgbigtime » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:04 am

I had this same problem two weeks ago with my 2011 C70 at 91000 miles. Had to replace transmission. I have seen it posted elsewhere that this may be a result of bad programming in the software. I am researching this to see if the dealer has a bulletin as, even though I got a "new" ,after market with 22K miles, transmission, the car always feels like it is hard on the gears in certain conditions, going uphill slowly, hovering around a MPH just before the next gear. It makes me wonder if the car was programmed differently on when to shift it might rectify the situation. All the gear heads I know are adamant that no transmission should die at 91000 miles.