IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

Steep prepaid service costs for 2016+ Volvos

A forum for Volvo's new, fantastic XC90! XC90 T5, T6, T8... all the new XC90 trim levels for this Volvo built on Volvo's Scalable Product Architecture (SPA) that also is the platform for the S60, XC60, V60, V60 Cross Country, Polestar 1, S90, V90 and V90 Cross Country.
matthew1
Site Admin
Year and Model: 850 T5, 1997
United States of America
matthew1

Steep prepaid service costs for 2016+ Volvos

Post by matthew1 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:51 am

I got an email today from Steingold Volvo in Pawtucket, RI. I'm on their mailing list, as I am on a few dealers' lists.

Checkout [sic] our Newest Volvo VIP Plan Products | Prepaid Maintenance Plans

I took them up on it. Here it is:
Volvo VIP Prepaid Maintenance Plan (2016 & Newer Vehicles)
$897.00 - $2,549.00
Ok, so far so good. I have nothing against prepaid maintenance. Now, let's see what it covers, for, in some cases, up to $2550 :shock: :
Screen Shot 2020-01-07 at 8.35.07 PM.jpg
That's not much. Those aren't promises to fix items if they're broken. About half are simply inspections of items, which, frankly, is the type of thing dealers do for free anyway.

More analysis of this chart later today...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Help keep MVS on the web -> click sponsors' links here on MVS when you buy from them.
Also -> Amazon link
. Click that when you go to buy something on Amazon and MVS gets a kickback.

1997 850 T5, MSD ignition coil, Hallman manual boost controller, injectors, R bumper, OMP strut brace [gone]
2004 V70 R [gone]