IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics Free shipping all USA - Experts in Brakes
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

Reset All lights

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo's stylish, distinctive "P2" platform cars.

2001 - 2007 V70
2004 - 2007 V70 R
2001 - 2007 XC-70
2001 - 2009 S60
2003 - 2007 S60 R

amadeusvg
Year and Model: 2008 V70
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
amadeusvg

Reset All lights

Post by amadeusvg » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:30 am

My 2008 Volvo V70 is a salvage car and it was hit in the left side doors.

After the doors being replaced, the computer always states that the doors are open, even though they are closed.
We neglected to buy a new BLIS camera, as they were ridiculously expensive so there is a light for that (the new left mirror is from a Euro-spec XC70, different sizes and no foot light like on the passenger (right) side.
We got new rims as two of them were destroyed, there is a light for the tire pressure system

The car is in perfect working condition, however, to me, the biggest annoyance are the doors being "open" (according to car), when they are actually closed. The cabin lights have to be off at all times, because if I turn it on it will drain the battery (I had to replace my battery) as well as I had to remove the bulbs from the foot wells.

While driving, a major inconvenience and somewhat distraction are the lights. An economical person like myself likes to observe my average MPG constantly, however whenever I put the right gauge to the MPG screen by pushing READ, the door light pops up after a short period of time.

Is there anything I can do to simply turn off all of these lights? Will an OBD2 scanner work?

I am new to the forum and would gladly appreciate anyone's help!

abscate
MVS Moderator
Year and Model: 99T5 ,99S70,2005V70
Trinidad & Tobago
abscate

Re: Reset All lights

Post by abscate » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:58 am

There is probably damage to the wiring harness in the left doors. These aren’t cars you can just cut stuff out ,as everything is on a communication bus, and missing things will fault

Use your mpg meter to develop good driving habits for economy then just practice them. Trying to hypermile by gauge will save money on gas, only to be paid to the bodywork guy

😂
Empty Nester
A Captain in a Sea of Estrogen
1999-V70-T5M56 2005-V70-M56 1999-S70 VW T4 BMW
Link to Maintenance record thread
Link To Volvo Glossary

oragex
Year and Model: S60 2003
Canada
oragex

Re: Reset All lights

Post by oragex » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:50 am

Look as well as the harness connectors near the doors hinges. Hopefully it's simply a connector not pushed all the way in