IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

No AC or heater fans

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials for the groundbreaking new Volvo S60 2011+, V60 2015+ XC60 2010-2018.
URDRWHO
Year and Model: Volvo V60 2016
United States of America
URDRWHO

No AC or heater fans

Post by URDRWHO » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:46 pm

I've been down with a wee bit of pneumonia and haven't driven for two weeks. Today I took our 2016 V60 out to the grocery store and we are having exceptionally warm weather. So I felt a bit sweaty and turned on the AC but no fan. I heard the vent flaps moving but no fan, turned the fan up to max and nothing. Tried heat, nothing. Oh great, now I get to sweat and I'm not in a great mood or feeling 100% well.

Finished shopping and never had any fans.

I've noticed in recent months that the infotainment center would take time to update channels and there were several unwarranted reboots of the infotainment. I also noticed that there were a few times that the low battery light would illuminate when I first started the car on cold mornings. In my mind I started thinking parasitic drain and now I have dead fans. Hm?

Are there any known issues with the climate control / infotainment ecu or any ideas what is going on?

This is a certified car with about 27,000 miles on it and I am hoping it will be a warranty event.