IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics Free shipping all USA - Experts in Brakes
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

XC90 Alternator Replacement

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo XC90s. The XC90 proved to be very popular, and very good for Volvo's sales numbers, since its introduction in model year 2003 (North America).
jibblymex
Year and Model: 2007 xc90 3.2l
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
jibblymex

XC90 Alternator Replacement

Post by jibblymex » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:09 am

Good morning! I was doing an alternator replacement on my 07 xc90 6 cylinder 3.2l fwd, and I broke the electrical plug that connects directly to the alternator.

I am looking for another clip, so I can take the old one off and splice in the new one. Volvo calls it a "receptacle housing" and gave a part number of 9456437

My main question is are those plugs the same between different years of the xc90, or even different volvo models in general? I know that some alternators are 180 amps, vs 140 etc, and I am also wondering if there is a way to tell which variant of those I have.

Thank you for the help!

oragex
Year and Model: S60 2003
Canada
oragex

Re: XC90 Alternator Replacement

Post by oragex » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:37 am

Do you mean the small plastic connector with a thin wire ? You can simply cut it off from another car (or maybe get one from an electrical store) and replace it. This is for the dash battery light. These plugs are pretty much all the same