IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics

Get email notification of topic replies. Log in or register (free). Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

Curiosity Question about Start/Stop

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials for the groundbreaking new Volvo S60 2011+, V60 2015+ XC60 2010-2018.
XC60aches
Year and Model: 2015.5 XC60

Curiosity Question about Start/Stop

Post by XC60aches »

I have a 2015.5 XC60, 2.0T 4cyl. I have been watching my Start/Stop availability lately on the MyCar -> Drive-E -> Start/Stop screen. This screen states either available or unavailable (gives reasons).

So I have noticed going down the freeway cruising at 73-74 MPH, it will periodically show unavailable for Engine Temp. Temp gauge on dash remains in the center. the S/S will be unavailable for usually not more than a minute or two, and then goes away.

It is almost like the temp reached its threshold for the S/S system before the thermostat opens and starts circulating the anti-freeze.

I am not concerned about this at all, but just curious if you guys have happened to notice this. I would have never known without being on that screen.

Thanks
okidiver
Year and Model: 2015 V60 2008 C30

Re: Curiosity Question about Start/Stop

Post by okidiver »

Lots of things will enable/disable the beta A/S/S. If more curious, might want to get a Bluetooth OBD-II reader and the Car Scanner app and you can monitor the exact temp (digital) that happens, as the gauge only gives a general reading, vice a precise temp.
jimmy57
Year and Model: 2004 V70R GT, et al

Post by jimmy57 »

S/S is unavailable when the temp control selected T versus actual T gap is too big. That is for cooling or heating. Does your stop/start feature fail to work when you stop after you have gone 10 miles and car is at good temp inside?
XC60aches

Post by XC60aches »

Thanks. I am going to look at that car scanner ELM app for iPhone.. I am looking at the single plug-ins.. most look like android or windows PC only.. any recommendations for the iPhone?

I have been looking at this screen because of what I am believing is a battery problem despite it checking good. I happen to notice this engine temp thing in the process.

It will show unavailable for engine temp periodically at random times while driving... no matter how long driving. It usually only stay unavailable status for a few mins, then comes back up available.

Thanks
XC60aches

Post by XC60aches »

I bought a Bluetooth 4.0 version from amazon. Be here tomorrow. This should work with the IOS products.

Thanks for the tips..
okidiver
Year and Model: 2015 V60 2008 C30

Post by okidiver »

I'll add, and I'm not a fan of the beta A/S/S that it has a mind of its own, with lots and lots of criteria to keep it from working and VOILA, just when you've given up--say inching forward at a stop sign getting ready to go when all's clear--it works! A fail system. I can only get one use of it--maybe--per trip, so I have to ration it. The Elbonians who designed it are having a belly laugh at my expense...