IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics Free shipping all USA - Experts in Brakes
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

2009 Xc70 DIY Rewiring Headlight with NEW wiring harness

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on the third generation Volvo V70 wagon and XC70 crossover, and second generation S80. Are you an owner? Prospective owner? Get in here and join us! Start a new topic or comment on an existing thread.

2008-2016 V70
2008-2016 XC70
2007-2016 S80

MauiVolvoGuy
Year and Model: 2009 XC70 T6
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
MauiVolvoGuy

2009 Xc70 DIY Rewiring Headlight with NEW wiring harness

Post by MauiVolvoGuy » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:05 pm

Greetings from Maui Hawaii;
Been doing lots of projects on my very loved 2009 Xc70 Wagon 3.2 turbo

Perhaps its where I live with lots of moisture & high humidity but all the wiring in both headlights has completely lost its casings. Recently I lost my passenger side turn signal & put new bulbs front & back, checked the fuse but still have turn signal on right side blinking super fast. from what I can tell it must be the fact that I can actually see bare wires & I'm certain they are crossed up making turn signals not work.

So I found the proper wiring harness for my car part# 30763979 & took a good look at they inside of headlight & looks pretty manageable EXCEPT the main connector I can move a couple of mm but that is all.

I have searched utube & google & really can not find ANY info on taking this apart so I am reaching out here.

Anyone ever done this? I watched videos where they put the head light assembly in the oven at 200 degrees for 20 minutes & pull the cover off. Is this what I need to do to get access to inside of headlight :shock: ?

Please any help would be appreciated.
Mahalo from very wet north shore of Maui Hawaii
Tad