IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics Free shipping all USA - Experts in Brakes
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

Favor for car scanner pro users

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials for the groundbreaking new Volvo S60 2011+, V60 2015+ XC60 2010-2018.
XC60aches
Year and Model: 2015.5 XC60
Has thanked: 0
United States of America
XC60aches

Favor for car scanner pro users

Post by XC60aches » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:15 pm

I just got car scanner pro with a vgate BLE 4.0 obdii dongle. I have it set to 2014+ 4cyl engine non SPA xc60 ..

Looking at live updates.. while driving the battery current reads anywhere from 1 to 5. Leaving it connected and putting phone visible in windshield, shutting down engine and exiting normally, the battery current will initially read -6 range for a short time.. then settle down to -2.19.

Unsure if this is actual amp draw (Seems high) or some sort of difference calculated number. Doing an amp draw test with multimeter I tested as low as .007 for consistent 7 mins after the initial 2-3 minutes after hook up.

if you use the car scanner app, If it isn’t asking too much, could I get someone to do the windshield thing above to test your battery current for about 5 mins after shutdown.

Very much appreciated..

Note: mine is 2015.5 xc60 2.0L