IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics Free shipping all USA - Experts in Brakes
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

2015 Volvo V60 T5 AWD Rattling and Knocking sound

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials for the groundbreaking new Volvo S60 2011+, V60 2015+ XC60 2010-2018.
gps867
Year and Model: 2015 V60 T5 AWD
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
gps867

2015 Volvo V60 T5 AWD Rattling and Knocking sound

Post by gps867 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:05 am

Hello everyone,

I few years ago I purchased the V60 T5 (5 cylinder) AWD, at 30K, currently 60K. Since then I have been trying to figure out this rattling sound at start up and slight acceleration. Volvo could not find anything abnormal, even the videos sent to corporate did not help. The rattling does not affect drivability or performance in any way, it is just annoying. In addition to this the car developed an intermittent knocking/tapping sound coming from the engine bay as well, I am thinking belt area but can not be 100% sure. I'll post two links with sound/noise this car makes. Any input would be appreciated. Note: Volvo did replace the heat shields since they thought they were the origin of this mysterious rattle, that did not change a thing.
Thank you all.

Rattling sound:

Knocking tapping sound: