IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics Free shipping all USA - Experts in Brakes
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

Issue with fuses popping and steering wheel module

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo's stylish, distinctive "P2" platform cars.

2001 - 2007 V70
2004 - 2007 V70 R
2001 - 2007 XC-70
2001 - 2009 S60
2003 - 2007 S60 R

heated
Year and Model: 2003 V70 2.4T
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
heated

Issue with fuses popping and steering wheel module

Post by heated » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:00 pm

I have a new to me volvo v70 2.5T, it keeps popping the fuses every once in awhile. I don't know what could be causing this. It's getting annoying and nothing in the steering wheel column works. If the temperature reaches a certain degree. I don't know what my options are for swapping the steering wheel module. Or to just get rid of the car. The previous owner lied and didn't really tell where the car was serviced when it had all the electrical done and the ECU as well.

SuperHerman
Year and Model: 2004 & 2016 XC90
Has thanked: 0
United States of America
SuperHerman

Re: Issue with fuses popping and steering wheel module

Post by SuperHerman » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:09 pm

I had a similar problem with fuse blowing taking out certain modules. It ended up being a faulty shunt in the CEM. I bought new modules, had the CEM rebuilt and tore apart all the wiring - checked everything and even swapped the relays. After looking for weeks - I tried replacing the shunts as that was all that was left.

If you have a wrecker yard near by I would pull the shunts off a CEM and swap them out. Match the part numbers. I bought mine off eBay - plugged them in and problem disappeared. Not saying that is your issue - but in my case that was all that was left.