IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics Free shipping all USA - Experts in Brakes
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

1990 240 DL - one owner, 114K, auto - $3200

List Volvos and Volvo parts for sale, want to buy, or for trade. Include your location!
Sigg
Year and Model: 2003 V70 T5M
Has thanked: 0
United States of America
Sigg

1990 240 DL - one owner, 114K, auto - $3200

Post by Sigg » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:11 am

I was recently given the opportunity to buy a low-mileage, original owner, 1990 Volvo 240. I drove it home to show it off and get the wife’s blessing, but she told me I can’t have any more cars to tinker with until I get my other project out both of the garage stalls it’s currently occupying. Haha. So, instead, I’m selling it for the original owner in the hopes that it ends up in the hands of another Volvo enthusiast.

It’s a silver, slicktop 1990 Volvo 244 with a blue interior. It only has 114K miles, having averaged 3.8K miles per year. It was just recently replaced with a 2019 Volvo. It has working power locks and windows, working heat/AC, disconnected heated seats, four matching Goodyear Affinity tires with plenty of tread left, and NO sunroof. It has remarkably unfaded, intact carpet. It’s got a clean engine bay with a replacement radiator, master cylinder, converted AC system, and all belts have been recently replaced. It’s been an Alabama car for it’s 30-year life, and is a solid, rust-free example of a clean 240. With a few hundred dollars, it could be collector. It’s low miles, single owner status, and solid bones make it a 240 that needs to end up in the right hands.

I’ll highlight the things that stand in the way of making it a Bring a Trailer worthy car—if I had the time, space, and wife’s blessing, I’d be prepping it to sell there.There’s a crease on the rear, passenger-side door where the metal is pushed against the crash bar. It’s honestly not super noticeable, but it is present. The door and window opens/closes completely normally. The foam in the driver’s seat has worn out. I’d either find a replacement seat (not that hard), or at least replace the upper and lower foams. The typical brittle interior plastic pieces are cracked (map pockets, center and shifter consoles). Both tail lights are full functional, but cracked. Front passenger side corner light has a cracked lens (driver’s side has been replaced). It appears the original owner was faithful running it through a car wash…but it appears as though the car wash wasn’t faithful in replacing it’s brushes. There are very small scratches in the clear all along the “belt-line” of the car. I’m fairly certain a good paint correction (clay, cut, polish & wax) would take care of it…but intentionally didn’t touch it because I’d want to be in control of how that was done if *I* were to buy it.

I’m asking $3200 OBO. I’m confident this could fetch $5–6K on Bring a Trailer with a little elbow grease and a few hundred dollars in parts. I don’t say that someone will buy it to flip it…but mainly to emphasize that it’s a great price for a car with a lot of potential. And I’m posting it here with the hopes it goes to a good “forever home.” :)

These users thanked the author Sigg for the post:
850 LPT

850 LPT
Year and Model: 96' 850
United States of America
850 LPT

Re: 1990 240 DL - one owner, 114K, auto - $3200

Post by 850 LPT » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:32 pm

Wow, nice car! Did they come standard with a front spoiler? GLWS.

Dirk
96' 850 sedan, base, auto, pewter/charcoal, 115k miles
99' S70, base, 5-speed manual, nautic blue/ tan, 213k miles
04' V70, auto, ash gold/ tan, 229k miles, daughters car
05' V70, 5-speed manual, loaded, mistral green/ tan, 146k miles
79' Ford Capri S, Euro Spec 2.8 V6, T9 5-speed manual
58' Porsche Diesel Junior
13' Honda Odyssey :oops:

Sigg
United States of America
Sigg

Post by Sigg » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:47 am

850 LPT wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:32 pm
Wow, nice car! Did they come standard with a front spoiler? GLWS.

Dirk
Surely someone who has more knowledge than me can chime in on this one, but most of the 80s and 90s ones I feel like I see do have one…

Sigg
United States of America
Sigg

Post by Sigg » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:19 pm

Sold.