IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics

Get email notification of topic replies. Log in or register (free). Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

V60 Reliability

Come on in, introduce yourself and say hi! List Volvo events here. Have a hot Volvo? Show it off here.
Tinwood
Year and Model: 1996 850 GLT

V60 Reliability

Post by Tinwood »

We've owned various Volvo's over the years starting back to 1989 with a 245. My wife really has her mind set on buying another Volvo, specifically a V60 model. I'm leaning toward a 5 cyliinder, automatic, two wheel drive unit. What is the most reliable year and engine/transmission combo for these?
93Regina
Year and Model: 93:240/940

Re: V60 Reliability

Post by 93Regina »

Tinwood wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:42 pmWhat is the most reliable year and engine/transmission combo for these?
Buying used, and asking your question really can't be addressed, since previous maintenance and usage affects a vehicle's current condition.

With any vehicle, understanding maintenance aspects are important; generally, later day vehicles cost more to maintain, and serious bucks can be spent at the dealership. I've seen vehicles junked, due to cost of repairs, like when an automatic goes out.

Manuals and automatics were offered, but if manuals were offered in US, there would be few of them.

They offered I4s, I5s, and one I6, with all being turbo. B5254T12 had an oil consumption problem from 2013 to 2016: High oil consumption. Engine 61 Notice date:2019-03

A person would have to search out the other engines to see if this ring issue also happened since these are modular engines.