IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics Free shipping all USA - Experts in Brakes
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

HU-650 display screen is broken

How to integrate your phone into your Volvo's audio. Which speakers to buy to replace old ones. Recommended head unit brands and models... This is where we talk watts, ohms, GPS, iPod integration, component installation, tips, tricks and advice for making your Volvo's audio, video, ticket avoiding and mapping gadgets work better than ever... iPod, XM, GPS, DVD, Speakers, Amps, Radar Detectors
Alpo06xc70
Year and Model: 2006 XC70
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
Alpo06xc70

HU-650 display screen is broken

Post by Alpo06xc70 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:44 pm

I just bought an’06 XC70 and the first issue I want to fix is the radio display is shattered. The radio works, but I can’t read the display. Also, if I’m going to replace the head unit anyway I want to upgrade to a unit that has aux input and Bluetooth for phone capability. All the forums I’ve read make it sound more difficult than I imagined.
First and foremost I want the display to work. I’m not looking for high end audio, so cheap fixes and cheap “add-on” aux input will be fine with me. Also, the volume knob is not working smoothly, but I can get it to change volume if I fiddle with it for a bit. I am a Volvo noob. This is my first experience with any Swedish manufacturer other than IKEA.