IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics

Get email notification of topic replies. Log in or register (free). Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

First time running VIDA 2012D ((Win10 ova on VirtualBox)

How to buy, install and use VIDA, VADIS, DiCE, VMWare and all the questions and answers that come with these tools.
rocky_mtn_man
Year and Model: XC70 1998

First time running VIDA 2012D ((Win10 ova on VirtualBox)

Post by rocky_mtn_man »

I am still running Windows 7 Professional on my Desktop. I have the Oracle VM manager installed and I was able to convert the VIDA VirtualBox (Win10).7z ova file to a Vida.vbox format. At first, when I ran it on the IE11 browser it didn't display properly. Next step was to install chrome and notepad++, then install the IE tab extension from Chrome. This allowed me to launch vida using http://localhost/Vida, and I could login as admin.

The problem I am having is I cannot save my vehicle description on the VEHICLE PROFILE tab for a 1998 Volvo V70XC P80 chassis. I choose Model as V70 XC(-00), enter the VIN (it doesn't accept the full VIN, seems to be off by one character), and chassis is set to P80. I am able to select Model year 1998, set the Partner Group to AME, but the "ok" button is greyed out. I've done a google search, but no one seems to have reported this problem. There might be some additional configuration steps required; I confirmed the date is set far in the future. When I go to research the repair database, I don't see my 1998 V70 XC listed in the vehicle options. Wondering if anyone else has run into this issue.