IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics Free shipping all USA - Experts in Brakes
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

Valet Key Programming with VIDA/DICE

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo's stylish, distinctive "P2" platform cars.

2001 - 2007 V70
2004 - 2007 V70 R
2001 - 2007 XC-70
2001 - 2009 S60
2003 - 2007 S60 R

Ac427
Year and Model: 2007 XC70
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
Ac427

Valet Key Programming with VIDA/DICE

Post by Ac427 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:15 am

Hi All,

Getting ready to program some keys to my 05 XC70 that i purchased non-running. Dice is still in transit so i want to make sure i'm ready to go when it gets here. I do not have a remote keyfob for the car, just a valet key, and another off brand transponder key. There are BCM issues that i need to diagnose, but i get a start prevented message so i think the keys may need to be programmed.

I've seen where the remotes come with codes to program them, but how do the valet keys work in programming as they do not come with programming codes? Are they just sensed automatically when you put the key in the ignition? I do have 1 remote that came from a breakers yard, but have no idea if it's possible for someone to extract the codes required from it in order to program it to a new car. I will buy a new keyfob once i know it's worth spending the money, but for now i just need to get the car running as i have no clue if the engine & transmission are any good.

Cheers!

- Pete -
Year and Model: 01, 04, 04, 04 V70's
United States of America
- Pete -

Re: Valet Key Programming with VIDA/DICE

Post by - Pete - » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:42 am

Did you get ahold of member Yagger?

He, Sergey, is able to do key coding but I’m unsure if he can do it remotely.

The large valet keys do have a chip/transponder in them. You may have just a plain cut key of it doesn’t have the chunky plastic at the top.

4A19D4BF-F699-4BF9-9068-91F03EF3025D.jpeg
4A19D4BF-F699-4BF9-9068-91F03EF3025D.jpeg (149.78 KiB) Viewed 74 times
2001 V70XC 146k
2004 V70 AWD 139k
2004 V70R M66 143k
2004 XC70 283k
2006 XC70 155k Sold

Ac427
Year and Model: 2007 XC70
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
Ac427

Post by Ac427 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:46 am

- Pete - wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:42 am

The large valet keys do have a chip/transponder in them. You may have just a plain cut key of it doesn’t have the chunky plastic at the top.
Yes, i definitely have the OEM transponder valet key - the other key i have may or may not have a transponder in it.

yagger
Year and Model: S60 2005 2,5T
Belarus
yagger

Post by yagger » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:08 pm

Looks, like I have to start special post a'bout "how it works". ))) Because we have a lot customers, who ask us about "key program service", but they do not know about car history...
There are many codes (include encrypted sync/key/immo/configuration codes) affect on starting.
If you just lost all keys, yes, there is no problems to add new key for this "clean" car. If nobody tried to program some data to modules, keys will be added correctly.
But! If you do not know about history of car, nobody can be sure about data inside modules. Yes, locksmith can add key data to your modules, but maybe other kind of data is corrupted already... And you still will not able to start engine, but same time you will think about locksmith "he does not have experience" and he was programmed keys with some errors... But locksmith programmed keys ONLY, he did it correctly! He did what you asked him about! If you need to RESTORE immo sync data, it is different service! I do not think regular locksmith can do it. This reason why we offer our professional online service for many many auto locksmiths in the world. Customers are not experts, but they become experts if locksmith could not program them car. Looks strange? And funny? Yes! Guys, you have to separate services, please. There is not service like "fix my car"! There is diagnostic and after this, expert can offer solutions and exactly services you need. But if you diagnosed car yourself, you are responsible for it. And if you ask to program key ONLY, autolocksmith will do exactly you asked about, not more.
If you have some additional questions, you can ask us, but sorry, if my English can confuse a bit, I will try to explain any points use other frases.
These users thanked the author yagger for the post:
- Pete -
Volvo electronics and programming.Yagger&Doublebug - our experience invaluable.
Aftermarket Online Data Transferring Service for Volvo Pass: total