IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics

Get email notification of topic replies. Log in or register (free). Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

2010 XC60 D5 AWD (156) thermostat

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials for the groundbreaking new Volvo S60 2011+, V60 2015+ XC60 2010-2018.
Shayne
Year and Model: 2010 XC60 D5

2010 XC60 D5 AWD (156) thermostat

Post by Shayne »

Having trouble with my thermostat as my ob2 app is saying engine temperature is only reaching 50 degrees C. Have confirmed with another app which reads the same. Also the heater is quite cold. Nothing wrong with the temp sensor I guess as while driving home from work the other night I noticed the high fuel rate and the temp went up to almost 100. It was obviously doing a re-gen of the DPF and I confirmed this as the app said the soot level was now at 0.17 grams.
Problem is, where is this bloody thermostat and what thermostat fits this engine.
I've looked on the net for a new one and different sellers are selling different thermostats saying they fit my engine.
To my knowledge I think it fits at the rear of the engine basically under and to the left of the top turbo. From the pictures I've seen looks like one end of thermostat fits to a pipe that runs from the water pump. Other end to the large radiator hose, one small pipe to another hose and another small pipe that I guess goes to the exhaust or egr cooler or something.
Looking at the pictures I've managed to find on the net it looks like a bastard of a thing to replace because of the position it's in.
Can anyone give me some information on this please.
Engine is D5 (156) 151kw twin turbo