IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

Something Fun to do This Weekend

Come on in, introduce yourself and say hi! List Volvo events here. Have a hot Volvo? Show it off here.
callahanoffroad
Year and Model: 1995 850
United States of America
callahanoffroad

Something Fun to do This Weekend

Post by callahanoffroad » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:20 am

Since everyone is stuck inside around most of the world right now I thought I would contribute something fun to do this weekend. Some friends of mine are putting on a digital comic con. It's called Cancellation Con! It takes place 100% online so you don't need to worry about staying 6' away from anyone. :lol: here's the link:
http://weirdisthenewnormal.com/cancella ... ne-program

Event runs: April 3-5

How does it work? It works very similar to a real comic con. That website has the schedule of events. There are cosplay contests, panels, vendors, artists and writers involved. But everything is done digitally. Everything is free to participate in. Discord forms the social aspect of the con. It had a lobby, vendor area, and specific break out groups for different people's interests. Panels (presentations) are hosted at different times and on different services. So use that link I posted above to watch different events you may be interested in viewing. For example I'm doing two panels, one is a live read of a comic I wrote to promote the event combined with a discussion on how to be an indie publisher. The second is a presentation of Pixel Art as a medium and a fun interactive demo on how to make Pixel Art! The first one will be hosted in a Zoom Webconference and the second on will be steamed on Twitch.

Overall the event is family friendly like most comic cons and anything that is of a mature nature is properly listed as such.

I think that's everything that you need to know!

I hope to "see" you there this weekend!

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Ryan
Author, Chef, and Shade Tree Mechanic

1995 Volvo 850, Non-Turbo, VVIS, LH FI, Green, 215,000 miles. B5254FS engine. Herman. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=84393

1996 Volvo 850, died at 280,000

Founder of: CookingForChemo.Org