IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics

Get email notification of topic replies. Log in or register (free). Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

Climate Control Module

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo's stylish, distinctive "P2" platform cars.

2001 - 2007 V70
2004 - 2007 V70 R
2001 - 2007 XC-70
2001 - 2009 S60
2003 - 2007 S60 R

Mike Langlois
Year and Model: 2002 V70 & V70 XC

Climate Control Module

Post by Mike Langlois »

I am in the process of tracking down a 'Whine' in my 2002 V70's stereo. I found that there is an issue with the small fan on the back of the Climate Control Module; which has been removed for repair. Is it safe to power up the car (key position 1) with the Climate Control Module properly removed? I did properly disconnect the battery prior to removing the CCM for repair.
SuperHerman
Year and Model: 2004 & 2016 XC90

Re: Climate Control Module

Post by SuperHerman »

No module will cause error codes, but should not cause any damage. If you have VIDA or another means to clear codes you should be fine. I don't recall the wiring, but it may trigger the SRS light (which needs VIDA or equivalent to clear).
MCHill
Year and Model: 2003 XC70

Post by MCHill »

This thread caught my eye because, like a total hammer-head, I removed the environmental controls without disconnecting the battery years back. Since I have purchased VIDA/DICE and have had nothing but great experiences with other troubleshooting and fixing the various issues a 160k Mi XC70 has. The one that has be befuddled is the damn SRS light. I clear it through delivery in the software every time, but withing 2-3 days the message is back. Is there another circuit I should check for corrosion or full contact, either under the seat or with the environmental controls themselves?
M.C. Hill
SuperHerman
Year and Model: 2004 & 2016 XC90

Post by SuperHerman »

MCHill - you need to use VIDA and drill down via the software. It is more than just a fault code reader/clearer. You should be able to use it to tell you exactly where the problem is or at least narrow down your search.

There are videos that show how one uses the full abilities of VIDA - easier to watch than try to explain.