Amazon Black Friday deals
IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics

Get email notification of topic replies. Log in or register (free). Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

Coil on plug wiring harness turn to dust

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials devoted to the second generation C70, S40 and V50 Volvos -- awkwardly model year 2004 ½ onwards -- plus where to go for advice and discussion on Volvo's sporty C30 Coupe powered by Volvo's ubiquitous inline 5-cylinder power plant.
Notlevi
Year and Model: 2005 s40 T5 AWD

Coil on plug wiring harness turn to dust

Post by Notlevi »

20200408_181917~2.jpg
Like the title says my wiring harness for my coil on plugs has mostly turn to dust, all of the wire loom is super degraded I've got around 160000 mi. In the process of trying to replace my spark plugs I'm going to rewrap as much of this wire as I can. But one wire runs down the back side of the engine around the turbo and the wire loom is totally gone from it I've attached a picture can anyone identify what this goes to or what its function is?

The arrows pointing at the wire I've got it wrapped now in a little bit of electrical tape. I believe it's right by the back side camshaft connector going down towards the turbo?