IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

Alfa Romeo great Carlo Durante has died.

Come on in, introduce yourself and say hi! List Volvo events here. Have a hot Volvo? Show it off here.
BlackBart
Year and Model: 2004 XC70 BlackBetty
Sweden
BlackBart

Alfa Romeo great Carlo Durante has died.

Post by BlackBart » Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:00 pm

Carlo Durante of Tacoma Washington has died.

Brothers Carlo & Lino owned Alfa of Tacoma, which was also a Ferrari service shop. They were characters and totally interesting guys. I only visited a couple of times when I was in Tacoma. I had friends who had their cars serviced there for years. There was a sort of mythical aura surrounding that shop. If you could manage to get a tour of the basement garages, it was a real treat of vintage Ferraris and V12s being rebuilt, and old Alfas - wish I had seen it.

From what I understand, they ran a Ferrari-Alfa service shop down near Lake Washington in Seattle, then the dealership was given to someone else and located up on Capitol Hill. Pete Lovely, the famous racer in Tacoma, helped them set up as the Alfa dealer in Tacoma.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/6735...9641991708989/

https://www.alfabb.com/threads/carlo-durante.694111/

Some posts:

PROVA Motorsports - Godspeed Carlo. I admired you, and aspired to be you. My greatest condolences to those closest to him. You touched a lot of lives Carlo.

Steve Schaeffer - And so ends an era that will never be again. The entire PacNW owes so much to Carlo and Lino. They were among the first Alfisti I met upon buying my '67 GTV in 1989. Carlo, your story was one for the ages.

Matthew Martin - Lino and Carlo were central to my love affair with Alfa Romeo...Carlo brought Italia to my various Alfas - including my first - a 79’ Alfetta GT - tuned it better than ever with those Euro cams. I hung out at Alfa of Tacoma for an hour or more every time I went even if I was just buying one caliper rebuild kit. When I bought Ralli-Round, I relied upon Carlo - it was never competition- we were like family in our love of these mechanical art pieces...I miss you Carlo...I always loved hearing an engine in full song roaring away as you dialed it in...

Gary Reed - Carlo was a dear friend and neighbor for 23 years. He loved working on cars from the time he was 13 years old in Italy, until just a few weeks ago. Rest in Peace, Carlo. We love you.
ex-1984 245T wagon
1994 850T wagon
2004 XC70 wagon BlackBetty
Is it time for a 1964 122 wagon?