IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

Volvo CCM

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo's stylish, distinctive "P2" platform cars.

2001 - 2007 V70
2004 - 2007 V70 R
2001 - 2007 XC-70
2001 - 2009 S60
2003 - 2007 S60 R

Hgreg
Year and Model: 2002 v70
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
Hgreg

Volvo CCM

Post by Hgreg » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:54 pm

Hello,

I have been having problems with my CCM in my Volvo 2002 v70. Before I even looked at the circuit board the CCM would only blow COLD air only blowing out of the middle vents (face vents).

I then purchased a used CCM and was able to change the vents with the used cluster. Only, I was not able to use all functions and the temperature was stuck on HEAT.

I have researched and concluded that the problem is the thermistor which I replaced. I have now replaced and reinstalled the thermistor but the problem is still the same. Only cold air and face vents. All other functions work (heated seats, rear window defogger.. etc)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

oragex
Year and Model: S60 2003
Canada
oragex

Re: Volvo CCM

Post by oragex » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:21 am

So the temperature went from stuck on Heat to stuck on Cold ?

Look under driver's side of the dash, above the heater core you will see some metal arms for the CCM doors. Try to make sure every of these arms is correctly in place and not broken. Then you may try to look under the passenger side, remove the kick panel black cover then look underneath (may try to also remove the glove box but its damper will break). See if all three motors have the connectors properly inserted. One of these motors may also have failed. Replacing them is not that bad, but you need to use a wrench with a torx tip to reach the small screws