IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

fuel hose between pump and filter

Help, Advice and DIY Tutorials on Volvo's extremely popular car line -- Volvo's 1990s "bread and butter" cars -- powered by the ubiquitous and durable Volvo inline 5-cylinder engine.

1992 - 1997 850, 850 R, 850 T5-R, 850 T5, 850 GLT
1997 - 2000 S70, S70 AWD
1997 - 2000 V70, V70 AWD
1997 - 2000 V70-XC
1997 - 2004 C70

5rivers
Year and Model: V70 1998 base FWD
Has thanked: 0
United States of America
5rivers

fuel hose between pump and filter

Post by 5rivers » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:32 pm

Greetings all,
I have had the misfortune of needing to replace the fuel filter on my 98 V70 and noticed a bulge in the hose between the pump and filter, closer to the filter. I had quite the time getting the filter off as the quick disconnect connections were not abiding by the intended purpose. Anyway, in the process I noticed a worm clamp attached to the end of the connection where it was inserted into the hose. I can only imagine when this was done and done to save $$$. Between the pressure release valve and the filter, at the end of the connection where it was inserted into the hose, was the bulge in the hose. It did not take much to shatter the bulge leaving a crack about one inch+ long.
Questions:
What do I do next and should I consider dropping the tank to get at the rest of hose.
I managed to get out all of the tip of the quick disconnect connection that was inserted in to the hose (it broke off whilst removing the filter!).
What can I manufacture, as far as connecting the fuel hose to the filter, so I can get the car back on the road. I do have one of those quick disconnect connections that attaches to the tip of the filter.
I am afraid the crack resulting from the bulge has left little room for the hose to reach the filter with the connection attached. Is there any wiggle room in the hose, i.e. can I stretch it enough to make up the space difference.
Thanks, in advance, for your recommendations!

abscate
MVS Moderator
Year and Model: 99T5 ,99S70,2005V70
Trinidad & Tobago
abscate

Re: fuel hose between pump and filter

Post by abscate » Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:38 pm

Kally, find my thread on the gas tank removal on the 1998 and see if I have the parts you need in that picture.

I call that car Clarke if that helps the search

I’ll look too. I think if you take off the plate in the rear you can connect the part and push it forward to the filter without dropping the tank.

On edit: found it and bumped thread
Empty Nester
A Captain in a Sea of Estrogen
1999-V70-T5M56 2005-V70-M56 1999-S70 VW T4 BMW
Link to Maintenance record thread
Link To Volvo Glossary