IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics Volvo modules repair and programming
Please use the MVS Amazon link when you buy anything at all! It helps this site. Thanks very much!

Get email notification of topic replies. Log in or register (free). Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

2004.5 S40 T5 No power to windows or locks and no start

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials devoted to the second generation C70, S40 and V50 Volvos -- awkwardly model year 2004 ½ onwards -- plus where to go for advice and discussion on Volvo's sporty C30 Coupe powered by Volvo's ubiquitous inline 5-cylinder power plant.
Year and Model: 2004.5

2004.5 S40 T5 No power to windows or locks and no start

Post by 08011982 »

I have a 2004.5 Volvo S40 T5 I have top interior lights and the the little light that lights up on the gear selector beside the park works but other than that I have no power to windows or locks they won’t work from inside the car or using the key fob. It will not start it won’t even try to crank the spade wire on the starter solenoid isn’t getting any power when turned to third position on ignition switch. I checked starter relay and I have constant power to terminal 30 but when I check 85 and 86 when switch is turned to third position I get nothing. I sent the CEM off to have tested and fixed it was sent back saying it tested fine I have checked all fuses and all fuses have power and none is blown. I took all the interior carpet out checked all the grounds and looked for any broken wires I can’t find anything. I’ve replaced the battery and alternator and when I did it would start but only when I put a boost on the battery. I do not here fuel pump kick on either but it’s new also I bought it about 6 months ago and replaced fuel pump module the alarm siren seems to be working I took it apart the batteries look good but I have ordered new batteries just haven’t arrived yet. Can someone please help I don’t know what else to try besides just start replacing modules till I get the right one and I can’t afford that. the nearest Volvo dealer is about 100 miles away so don’t really want to have to tow it to them I have a Volvo icarsoft scan tool for Volvo but it’s not been of any help either.