IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics

Get email notification of topic replies. Log in or register (free). Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

S60 B4 servo cover update

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo's stylish, distinctive "P2" platform cars.

2001 - 2007 V70
2004 - 2007 V70 R
2001 - 2007 XC-70
2001 - 2009 S60
2003 - 2007 S60 R

Lovemys60heaps
Year and Model: S60 2001

S60 B4 servo cover update

Post by Lovemys60heaps »

Finally did the servo cover update on my S60.

What a difference. I haven't done the tcm reset, but its that's good that I don't feel the need.

My reason for posting is to say a massive thank you to every single one of you who's posts I read for information. I have since joined this forum and love it almost as much as I love my Volvo now.

Also a huge thanks to FCP euro for getting the parts to new Zealand in under 4 days mid-Corona virus.

Thx all
Georgeandkira
Year and Model: 2007 V70 base

Re: S60 B4 servo cover update

Post by Georgeandkira »

Had the "depth limit stick" broken off your original one?

Also, did the replacement seem thicker / stronger?
Lovemys60heaps

Post by Lovemys60heaps »

The only visible difference between original and replacement was a circlip holding the guts in as opposed to original covers pinch fit
Lovemys60heaps

Post by Lovemys60heaps »

I did notice in my reading of everyone else's hardship fitting the new cover without the tool. My way worked well, but I don't want to cost anyone a tranny. Ask at your peril. 😂
firstv70volvo
Year and Model: V70 T5 2001

Post by firstv70volvo »

Lovemys60heaps wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 8:19 am I did notice in my reading of everyone else's hardship fitting the new cover without the tool. My way worked well, but I don't want to cost anyone a tranny. Ask at your peril. 😂
I recently completed changing the servo cover and after struggling for awhile I added a spacer to the cover, which helped out a great deal when using the 16 inch bar clamp. I epoxied an aluminum channel piece to the outside of the cover as a spacer and then just used the bar clamp to compress the cover, it worked well. Having the spacer attached eliminated having to hold something in place between the clamp and the cover.
To hold the cover in place while I positioned the clamp up top I cut a piece of wood (long dowel) to a length that wedged between the cover and just above the stabilizer bar. With the cover help in place below I positioned the clamp from above and compressed the cover. The photo I attached is with the transmission out of the car but I did the cover swap after the trans was installed and the bar clamp was in the same position as shown only this time trans in car and air filter box removed.
Using the bar clamp and spacer also provided a place to hang the snap ring, which freed up a hand for the final install.
Attachments
Different Servo Covers.JPG
Added benefit.JPG
Aluminum channel spacer Servo Cover.JPG
Clamped servo cover.JPG
shiloh51933
Year and Model: 04 XC70/'98 V70XC

Post by shiloh51933 »

What years are affected by this servo cap? I have a 2004 XC70 that just lost 3rd gear, no CEL, no flashing lights, no warning on dash, no red triangle nothing but a DTC store in ecu... p0733 gear3 incorrect ratio.
If U Wanna Play U Gotta Pay!!