IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics

Get email notification of topic replies. Log in or register (free). Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

Repair for 2011 XC60 sunroof switch

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials for the groundbreaking new Volvo S60 2011+, V60 2015+ XC60 2010-2018.
Cartercarter26
Year and Model: 2011 XC60

Volvo Repair Database Repair for 2011 XC60 sunroof switch

Post by Cartercarter26 »

Hi everyone! You all are the best - I’ve learned so much from these threads! I used to have a 91 Volvo 240 and for the last two years have been with my 2011 XC 60.

This is my first time posting a question. I moved to another state last year, and am without my trusted mechanic anymore to get a good answer, so I’m coming to yall!

A few weeks ago, my sunroof started leaking. It quickly turned in to a big problem. Had water pooling in the overheard light and sunroof switch console and on passenger floorboard. I thought it was the seal at first, and opened the sunroof to inspect- the sunroof stayed stuck open, as the switch stopped working. All during a week of rain and Covid! It was a mess that involved tarps and a car cover being stolen. Thanks to you guys I figured out how to manually close the sunroof.

I finally found a shop that was open here and got the sunroof drain cleaned out, and that solved the leaking problem.

Now I’m wondering what I need to replace to get the sunroof working again. I’m pretty sure the switches are fried, because they were sitting in water. I talked to a repair person here that said I’d probably need to buy a whole new overhead console and possibly have to take it to the dealer to get programmed, because these newer models have proprietary software.

Do yall have any advice/ ideas? Thank you much!

Katie