Amazon Black Friday deals
IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics

Get email notification of topic replies. Log in or register (free). Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

What Year(s) of XC70 Should I look at?

List Volvos and Volvo parts for sale, want to buy, or for trade. Include your location!
jbvolvo
Year and Model: 2007 S60

What Year(s) of XC70 Should I look at?

Post by jbvolvo »

I am looking to purchase an XC70 in the next few months, and in my area (Mid-West) they are few and far between. I have come across one that is a 2013 3.2 with 76k miles on it, but its black on black - so a pass just for the color alone, I have also read about oil consumption issues with the 3.2...?

Generally speaking, what years and engines were best on XC70s? I know that they were known for being a bit a gas hog. I will say, I don't mind the Ford era Volvos but I am a bit of a newb- hence why I am here.

If I end up with a 2012 or later- what issues would I be looking at down the road? Or is it just a matter of making sure the previous buyer was good to the car? Either way I am going to have it inspected by a trusted mechanic.

If anyone also has any input or can point me to one that fits my criteria it'd be much appreciated- thanks folks! I would be happy to travel (within reason) for the right vehicle.

**Is the user JRL still here? - I keep seeing to contact them if there is interest in purchasing a Volvo out of state..?
abscate
MVS Moderator
Year and Model: 99T5 ,99S70,2005V70

Re: What Year(s) of XC70 Should I look at?

Post by abscate »

See the oddball topic above for Jim’s (JRL) email.
Empty Nester
A Captain in a Sea of Estrogen
1999-V70-T5M56 2005-V70-M56 1999-S70 VW T4 BMW
Link to Maintenance record thread
Link To Volvo Glossary