IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

turbo hoses

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on the Volvo S80 model. Sometimes called an "executive car", the S80 was and continues to be Volvo's top-of-the-line passenger car.
lasseamager
Year and Model: volvo 2002 s80 t6
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Denmark
lasseamager

turbo hoses

Post by lasseamager » Fri May 15, 2020 11:16 am

Hello everyone
I got this " problem " my hoses to tcv ....red and blue. IF the blue is connected to the intake right after the MAF , and the red on top of engine where the two pipes gets to one , THEN i will only get 0,4 bar of pressure BUT if i switch these to ( red and blue ) i can get around 1 bar . why do i only manage to get 0,4 when everything is connected proberbly ? is there something wrong ( obviously there is ) but how can it be ? i pressure checked my wastegate actuators and everything seems fine , did also adjust em .....how do you guys adjust em ??? i have a new tcv on, soo it SHOULD not be that . i noticed that if i do a pcv test, the one with the glove over the oil filler cap , then it dosent get sucked in the engine !!! hope anyone can help me a bit here

SuperHerman
Year and Model: 2004 & 2016 XC90
United States of America
SuperHerman

Re: turbo hoses

Post by SuperHerman » Sun May 17, 2020 3:47 pm

Let us start by forgetting about your boost numbers. What is the issue with the vehicle? Any lights or engine codes you can share.

On my XC90 T6 when I reversed the hoses I would get killer boost - thing was a rocket - then it would over boost code. So yes, reversing the hoses will allow more boost - but you could blow your engine. The computer is doing its work in the background.

lasseamager
Year and Model: volvo 2002 s80 t6
Been thanked: 0
Denmark
lasseamager

Re: turbo hoses

Post by lasseamager » Sun May 17, 2020 3:53 pm

I did get overboost . I noticed or...looked at diagram and so, and saw the oneway valve from the " blowoff " was putted the wrong direction. That helped alot BUT the biggest help was switching the brand new tcv out with one i got from scrape. I do need to look at my pcv system though.... i did not have any codes ! Wich i dont understand